You can create a manual transfer of your inventory from Flexport Replenishment to any FBA location with simple steps from your Flexport Portal account. This is helpful if you are planning on using Amazon Freight or your own .
Before you start:
- Create an inbound on Amazon’s Seller Central and keep track of:
- Amazon Labels in 4x6 format (download as “4x6 Thermal printing” in pdf format only)
- Address of destination FBA warehouse
- FBA Shipment ID
- Decide how you would like book freight. Flexport Freight is available for a seamless approach or you can provide your own freight details.
- Determine if you can fulfill from one location or multiple transfers will be needed. If your replenishment transfer to FBA needs to be fulfilled from multiple locations, then you will need to create separate shipping plans. On the inventory page, there is a column “Available in Replenishment” for you to know how much inventory is available for transfer.
- In Replenishments click Create Transfer.
- Select Amazon FBA as the destination for FBA transfer and click create a transfer manually instead.
- Provide the Amazon facility address from your Seller Central account.
- Select products.
- Select cases.
- The number of items per box is pre-populated.
- You can only transfer whole boxes (cases).
- You will see the Replenishment facility address. This is needed to put into Seller Central. A phone number is not available for our facilities as they primarily use email for communication. We suggest providing #000-000-0000 and noting in Seller Central to contact via the email we will provide at the end of the shipment creation.
- Select the shipping method:
- Flexport Partner - Choosing Flexport Freight is simple. You can select it and we will handle the rest.
- Your carrier - you need to provide information on:
- Palletized or Small Parcel
- Bill of Lading (BOL)
- Carrier information
- Make an appointment
- Provide the information you received from your Seller Central account while creating the inbound. We will prepare the cases and pallets with the provided labels.
- FBA Shipment ID
- FBA Reference ID
- Upload provided labels
- Review all the information before confirming the transfer.
If you book with your own Freight (FTL/LTL) there are a few steps remaining:
- Once your order is ready for pickup you will receive information to book your freight from the order details page
- Book your freight
- Schedule an appointment with our warehouse for pickup
- Provide us the necessary carrier information: carrier name, pickup date, BOL #
To view your transfer
Now you can go to the Replenishments page to check the details of your transfer order any time.
Your order status will be updated on Flexport Portal as we prepare and ship your order, and you can track its receipt at Amazon through Amazon Seller Central. We do not currently send emails for changes in order statuses.
To update the shipments that were created automatically, they will appear in your Amazon Seller Central shipping queue like any shipment that you have created manually in the past, and can be edited/cancelled/completed manually.
*We currently do not support international transfers for FBA.
1. What information do I need to complete the transfer?
- Destination address
- FBA shipment ID
- Box and pallet labels (in pdf - downloaded as thermal printing option)
2. What information do I need to provide if I book my own freight?
- Schedule an appointment on the provided email/phone number
- Add carrier information: carrier name, pickup date, BOL #
3. Do I still make an appointment if I have booked a Flexport Freight?
- No, you don’t have any pending tasks left if you choose Flexport Freight
4. Will I get any notifications?
- Yes, you will get an email once your order is ready for pickup to book your own freight
5. How can I know the current status of my transfer?
- On Flexport Portal, go to the Inventory > Transfers page to check the details of your transfer order. On the details page, you would be able to find the following statuses:
6. Can I create shipments from more than 1 Flexport facility?
- Yes, to transfer products from more than 1 Flexport storage location, you need to create two different transfer orders. Unfortunately, we are currently limited to doing this on our own.
7. Can I know how much inventory is placed in which storage location?
- Yes, on the inventory page, we added a new column “Available in reserve storage” for you to know how much inventory is available for transfer
8. What if my FBA order contains multiple locations?
- If your FBA order contains multiple locations, then you will need to create separate transfers to FBA orders in the portal for each stop at this time.
If you have any questions, please connect with us through live chat or create a ticket with our support team following the instructions here.
NOTE: You can also submit a ticket and learn how you can keep track of Support requests through this Help Center article or chat with us anytime by selecting ‘Chat’ at the bottom of the left sidebar of your Flexport Portal account.