With Flexport, you store a portion of your products in bulk in storage facilities. To get started, you will need to send in inventory via an Inbound Shipping Plan. An inbound shipping plan can be done by individual products or in bulk.
- Products are palletized or Floor Loaded inbounds into Reserve Storage. Please see pallet requirements here.
- Floor loaded containers involve containers loaded without use of pallets
- Palletized involve containers where all goods are secured on pallets
- Products are palletized (either single or multiple skus on each pallet) - please see note below regarding re-palletization and billing for pallets arriving with multiple SKUs on one pallet.
- Case packs are not larger than 40" x 30" x 30" or 50 lbs otherwise they may incur additional charges while transferring to e-commerce facilities. Learn more
- We currently do not accept small parcel shipments. If we do receive a small parcel shipment, we will do our best to locate and receive the inventory. If the shipment is not located, you will need to submit a claim with your carrier.
- Pallets received with multiple products on them will be separated into single sku pallets (Eg: if you had 4 different skus on a pallet, we would segregate and store them in 4 pallets). You will be billed storage for the pallets that are built during receiving and not for the quantity of pallets that were originally sent.
- At this time, we are not able to accommodate transfers from our ecom network warehouses to our reserve storage warehouses.
Create an Inbound Shipping Plan:
- Go to Inbounds and create a shipment. Select to create a shipment for Reserve Storage.
- Select the SKUs and units you want to inbound. This must be only single-SKU case packs. This can be done in bulk using a csv.
- Provide the case pack dimensions and weight.
- Provide the barcode type and information so that Reserve receivers can identify your products.
- Provide your ship from address.
- Select the Reserve location you want to ship to.
|| Note if you select the following: 17815 Foster Rd. Liberty, MO 64068 Suite 111 and want to complete a transfer to Ecom later, we can complete the transfer, however you will be billed the freight cost for this particular site. See help center article here.
- Select if your inbound is floor loaded or palletized. If floor loaded, provide your container ID so that Flexport teams can track your container. At this time, we are only accepting palletized or Floor Loaded inbounds into Reserve storage. We currently do not accept small parcel shipments. If the shipment is sent in by small parcel it is at risk of getting lost and you will need to submit a claim with your carrier. This is because the receiving docks for Reserve storage are designed for freight inbounding and small parcels will be delivered elsewhere on the property.
- Confirm your estimated costs to create your shipment.
- If palletized, download pallet labels and attach them to your pallets.
Note: Inventory in E-commerce Fulfillment centres cannot make a reverse trip to reserve storage, we can only inbound inventory to reserve storage from out of network.
Track your Inbound Shipping Plan
In the Shipping Plan section of your Seller Portal you will be able to open your shipping plan and track the progress of your inbound as it is being received.