Before you get started
Please see How To Configure Shipping Templates & Shipping Settings for Amazon to update your Amazon shipping templates and shipping settings.
- You must have a Professional Selling Plan with Amazon in order to fulfill, as it allows you to download third-party apps.
- If you’re fulfilling orders through the Amazon direct integration, you cannot also connect your Amazon account to any listing tools or other shipping solutions (e.g., Shipstation, Shipping Easy, etc.) for the same account. If so, this may result in your order not importing or double shipping of the same order. Consult with our support team to understand and avoid the risk of double shipping.
Connecting your Amazon Seller Central Account
- Ensure that you are logged into to your Flexport portal and your Amazon Seller Central Account
- Visit and expand Integrations section of the sidebar menu of your Flexport Portal account and select + Add Integration
- Select + Add Integration under Amazon in the list of options
- Click the Connect button on the following screen. This will take you to the authentication page of Amazon Seller Central
Understanding How Your Inventory Works with Amazon
Flexport is not part of the Amazon warehouse network and does not fulfill FBA (fulfilled by Amazon) SKUs. Because Flexport is a third-party fulfillment service, you will need to create new FBM (fulfilled by merchant) SKUs to fulfill Amazon orders via Flexport.
All Amazon listings with SKUs that you have in inventory with Flexport will be periodically updated with the most current inventory quantity in your Flexport Portal account. When an update occurs, connected listings will be configured for FBM (merchant) fulfillment, even if they were previously fulfilled by FBA (fulfilled by Amazon). Once inventory is received at Flexport, the only way to switch a listing back to FBA fulfillment is to unlink that SKU from Amazon, then update the listing fulfillment source within Amazon Seller Central.
NOTE: We do not recommend switching your SKUs from FBA to FBM. Instead, a new SKU should be created for all SKUs you intend to sell via Amazon. Here’s why.
If you do have inventory in the our network that you want to sell through Amazon, and the SKU is different from the existing SKU, you will need to manually link the SKU within your catalog in order for us to sync inventory quantities and fulfill orders.
When Flexport updates inventory for your FBM Amazon listings, the handling time for those items will be updated to 3 days. Items not stored in your inventory will not be affected.