The Importer of Record (IoR) is the entity or individual who is responsible for ensuring all compliance requirements are met according to the rules and regulations of the country of import. This includes providing all customs entry documents required by the U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) and for the product classification and payment of customs duties, as well as any other import obligations.
Articles in this section
- How do I set up auto-debit payments for direct duty payments to U.S. Customs?
- Who is the Importer of Record (IoR)?
- Why does Flexport ask for a customs contact?
- What is included in Flexport's import & export Customs Services?
- Flexport Product Restrictions (Freight)
- What are HTS codes?
- What are HS codes?
- How do I determine the HTS code of my product?
- Shipping Hazardous Materials & Other Dangerous Goods (DG)
- When will customs be cleared?