Essential Overview to a Carrier Status
Want to learn more about what each carrier tracking status means?
What the Carrier Tracking Statuses Mean
A tracking number allows you to check in on the status of your order(s) at various stages.
Here is a simple breakdown of the definitions for each status:
- In Transit/In Progress: A package is on its way to the destination.
- Order is Pre-Shipment/Currently Awaiting Package: A package that already has a shipping label but yet to be received by the carrier.
- Pending/Available for Pickup: The package will be kept at the destination post office until the recipient or addressee picks it up.
- Arrival Scan: The package has been scanned already at the carrier facility.
- Redirected: The address on the package was not correct and as such, the package needs to be redelivered.
- Out for Delivery: This status shows that the package has already arrived at its destination point.
- Attempted Delivery: There were problems with delivering your package.
- Return to Sender: The package is returned for one reason or another.
- Delivered: The package has been delivered to the destination or delivered back to the sender.
How do I track my order?
You will be able to track the order from the order page in your Flexport Portal.
What happens if the carrier delivers a package to the wrong address?
If you think your package was delivered to the wrong address, you’ll need to file a claim directly in your Flexport Portal on the order page to resolve the problem.
What happens if the carrier delivers a package to a parcel locker?
In most cases, this would be a multifamily building that may offer a parcel locker or holding room. Please confirm with the buyer if they can not retrieve the item, if that is the case please Submit a request. Sometimes, a key will be left in the mailbox to be used as a parcel locker key. More information can be found here.
What to do if tracking is not working?
If your tracking number is not working it could be because it has not been scanned into the system yet or the number is incorrect or not valid. The first step is to contact Flexport Support to verify that you have the correct number. After that, you’ll need to wait until tracking updates or file a claim if the tracking does not update in a timely manner.
What to if you want to edit or cancel an order?
Once an order is in the hands of the carrier we are unable to edit the order. If the cancellation window has passed, your buyer can still refuse the order upon delivery if applicable. When we receive the refused order, we’ll process the return and put inventory back into stock.
Below are more helpful carrier links that provide a wider variety of reasons.
For more details or assistance please contact your Account Manager or Submit a request.