How are the inventory levels updated for my bundle listing?
The inventory level of a bundle listing is directly dependent on the inventory level of the individual products inside the bundle listing, as defined by the unique items and respective quantities required while setting up a bundle. If the inventory level of any of the containing items is lower than the minimum number required for the bundle listing, then your entire bundle listing will be considered as out of stock.
For more information on how Flexport manages inventory levels on individual products, please refer to the following article.
How does Fast Tags coverage work for bundles?
Fast shipping coverage of a bundle listing will be the intersection of the coverage of the containing products. For example:
- Product A has fast shipping to California and Nevada
- Product B has fast shipping to Nevada and Arizona
- A bundle containing both Product A and B will have fast shipping to Nevada only
From each bundle details page, you can click the title of the individual products, enter the product details page and view the respective Fast Tags coverage.
Can I turn off fast shipping for individual skus and still maintain fast shipping coverage on the bundle?
How do I stop the order fulfillment of a specific bundle?
You can go inside the bundle details page and remove the alias corresponding to your eCommerce / marketplace listing. To learn more about removing alias links, please visit the following article.
How do I replenish a bundle?
From the Inventory page -> Bundles tab, find and enter the bundle details page of the bundle you are trying to replenish. Click the Replenish Inventory button. This should take you to Inbounds -> Shipping Plans page and automatically add the required products and quantities needed for the bundle. You can still modify and increase the quantities as desired.
To learn more about creating a shipment plan, visit the articles here.
Does bundling affect my costs?
Fulfilling products in virtual bundles does not change how your Flexport costs are calculated. For more information, please visit this article.
Note: The estimated total fee shown in the bundle details page is not a direct addition. Depending on how many units are considered, a built-in discount is applied automatically.
Does bundling affect split shipment?
If the SKUs inside the bundle were packaged and inbounded separately, depending on the fulfillment centers they were stored, your customer might receive them in separate packages.
What if I want to use a third party app for bundles?
For a third party bundling application to be compatible with Flexport, the bundle SKU must:
- Be created in the marketplace or the bundling app (NOT Flexport)
- Be split into individual line items when the order is imported into Flexport
- NOTE: The bundle SKU cannot be imported into Flexport itself or as a line item in the order; otherwise, Flexport will cancel the order. This is because Flexport bundle SKUs virtually combine individual SKUs that are in stock while the bundle SKU itself is not physically stocked at a warehouse. Confirm with your bundling app’s Support team that the app is capable of breaking down bundle SKUs into the individual SKUs that make up the bundle.