In this section:
Note the below does not apply if you used your own label or if a customer used their own label to return the product. Additionally, if a customer ships back to the warehouse that shipped the order because we utilize a specific warehouse for all returns and our other warehouses are not set up up to receive returns at this time. If you have not set up a Returns Management System integration with Flexport please see our help center article.
This is considered a non-compliant return. You may alert Support and we will create a return in the portal with the tracking provided or investigate with the warehouse(s) , however we are not liable for the return if it is not found since the returns process was not followed.
Types of Return Claims
Return Lost in Transit
If a return has an initial scan from the carrier (indicating the buyer has shipped it) and has 7 calendar days of inactivity in the same status, Flexport will treat this return as lost in transit.
In line with our Order Claims Policy, returns considered lost in transit will result in reimbursement of the wholesale value of the items lost and all return label/processing fees.
Return Delivered but Lost
In line with our Order Claims Policy, we will only reimburse the label fee in these instances.
If the tracking information shows that the package was delivered, but you are unable to locate their package within 48 hours of the "delivered" timestamp, we suggest checking the following:
- Verify the shipping address provided
- Look around the delivery location for your package (e.g. left outside a nearby apartment)
- Check your mailbox or mail storage room
- Ask if someone else in your household accepted the package on your behalf
If you are still unable to locate their package 48 hours after the Delivered timestamp, a claim for your return will be eligible. If you have reason to believe that the package didn't get delivered to the correct address as listed in Seller Portal (e.g., wrong picture, incorrect carrier description), please contact our support team. Our Support Team will investigate with our Operations Team and if not located within 14 calendar days of inactivity, we will result in reimbursement of the wholesale value of the items lost and the label fee.
Create a Claim
Please submit a return claim by contacting our support team. Future iterations of our Returns program will include a way to submit claims directly in the Seller Portal.
Claims will not be accepted for the below instances:
- Returns that include restricted products
- Return claims where the original order already has a claim filed for "damages"
- Return claims where the original order already has a claim filed for "delivered but lost"
- Return claims where the return is damaged in transit as noted by the carrier
- Return claims where the return is damaged upon receipt (see "order damages")
- Return claims for DSKUs not involved in the original order (see "incorrect product")