Understanding the Amazon Reference ID
When shipping an FBA inbound into and Amazon using non-partnered LTL/FTL shipping method (such as Flexport freight), Amazon is requiring the carrier to schedule an appointment at the FC.
When scheduling a dock appointment, Amazon will require the following information (for each shipment) included on or with the bill of lading (BOL):
- Amazon reference ID (PO lists)
- shipment ID (FBAXXXXXX)
- tracking (PRO) number
PRO number is provided by the carrier, and shipment Id is information that we have, but the reference Id is only available on the Summary page of the shipping workflow when you view it in Seller Central.
Viewing the Amazon Reference ID
- Copy the FBA Shipment Id (FBAXXXXXX)
- Go to your shipment list in seller central.
- In the list, the reference Id will appear for each shipment next to the shipment Id.
- If you click on the shipment to view the details, the reference Id will be on the top of the page.