Flexport's Carrier Service will add rates at checkout if the customer has at least one item in the cart with fast tag coverage to the destination zip code. For example, this is a Flexport 2-Day method:
If there are no Flexport shipping methods at checkout, please follow the following troubleshooting steps:
Is your Shopify account eligible for Third Party Carrier Rates?
Your Shopify account must meet ONE of the following criteria to be eligible for third-party carrier-calculated shipping rates:
- You have a Shopify Advanced or Plus plan
- Your Shopify plan is paid annually
- You have contacted Shopify support and added this feature for a monthly fee
Flexport will ensure that your account is eligible before setting up fast tags. However, it is possible for your account to subsequently become ineligible. If you are not sure if your account is still eligible, please contact Shopify support.
Are "Carrier and app rates" enabled?
In your Shopify shipping settings, make sure that you have "Flexport Shipping Rate Provider" set up in your Domestic "Shipping to" zone (or any custom domestic zone you have set up) for any "Shipping from" location(s) that Flexport fulfills.
If "Flexport Shipping Rate Provider" is not there please add it
- Click "Add rate"
- Select "Use carrier or app to calculate rates"
- Choose "Flexport Shipping Rate Provider" from the dropdown
- Click "Done
Do any items in the cart have fast tag coverage?
Flexport will only add shipping options if there is at least one item in the cart with fast tag coverage to the destination zip code.
You MUST set up default shipping methods in your Shopify store. Otherwise, some customers will see this error message at checkout:
Are there still no Flexport shipping methods at checkout?
If you have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and are still encountering the issue, there may be a problem on either Shopify or Flexport's side. We recommend reaching out to both Shopify support and Flexport support to resolve the issue as fast as possible.
In your Shopify support ticket, please specify the following
- Ask if Shopify is calling the "Flexport Shipping Rate Provider" at checkout
- Provide the specific variant id and destination address you used in your test (make sure that the variant listing has a fast tag badge for the destination zip code).