We accept claims for packages that have been scanned in our facilities and are within 30 days of a package's promised delivery date.
Types of Claims
If a package arrives damaged and if you are able to provide sufficient proof of this damage, Flexport will credit you the wholesale value of the damaged product(s) as well as the service fee you were charged.
Please note that product packaging should be able to withstand the rigors of shipping and handling without requiring any special handling.
After you submit your case to our support team, we recommend you respond directly to your customer with a remedy that you deem fit which may include a refund and/or a re-shipment of a replacement item.
Packages Lost in Transit
Sometimes a package will ship and the tracking shows that the package is stuck in a pending or "pre-shipment" status. Unfortunately, this happens from time to time due to carriers missing a scan. If you notice that the package has had 7 calendar days of inactivity in the same status, Flexport will treat this package as lost in transit. Flexport will credit you the wholesale value of the product(s) lost as well as the service fee you were charged.
Delivered but Lost
Although uncommon, there are situations when a customer will state that they didn't receive their package even though the carrier's tracking status marks the package as 'Delivered'. If the tracking information shows that the package was delivered, but your customer is unable to locate their package within 48 hours of the Delivered timestamp, we suggest asking your customer to check the following:
- Verify the shipping address provided
- Look around the delivery location for your package (e.g. left outside a nearby apartment)
- Check your mailbox or mail storage room
- Ask if someone else in your household accepted the package on your behalf
- If your customer is still unable to locate their package 48 hours after the Delivered timestamp, and you are able to provide customer proof acknowledging they did not receive the package, you can file a claim with us. If your claim is approved, we will credit you the service fee for the order.
If you have reason to believe that the package didn't get delivered to the correct address as the address provided (e.g., wrong picture, incorrect carrier description), please contact our support team to file a claim.
We strive to ensure all of our orders are delivered within our Delivery SLA (Service Level Agreement). However, due to circumstances outside of our control (including but not limited to inclement weather and carrier delivery disruptions), we are not able to guarantee that all orders will be delivered on time.
How can I file a claim for Flexport Parcel?
For any claims, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Seller ID for Flexport Parcel
- Tracking Number and Order #
- Reason for Claim (Damaged, Lost in Transit, Delivered but Lost)
- Attachment of proof showing lost or damaged items
- Attachment of SKU wholesale cost
What happens when a claim is filed?
When a claim is filed, you will receive an email notifying you of the claim when it has been reviewed. When your claim has been approved, you will be reimbursed at the end of the month accounted for in the billing cycle.
What type of claims are restricted?
Hazardous or items not eligible are restricted. Orders only credit up to $100 replacement value. Subject to change.
Can I appeal a denied claim?
If we deny your claim and you have accurate information for us to review, you can submit an appeal email to Flexport Support within 30 days of an order's Promised Delivery.