You can create multiple B2B orders at once through the "Import Orders" option on our Flexport Portal. Please note that all orders created through this process will:
- Be scheduled for our sites for fulfillment ASAP
- Send on Flexport'sf rates with parcel carriers
You will be charged our standard pick/pack fees for these outbounds along with the shipping cost for the package(s).
Process for creating orders in bulk
- Navigate to the "Wholesale Orders" section in Flexport Portal and click on "Import Orders."
- Click on "download the template" and make a copy of the Google Sheet when prompted
- Navigate to the "Orders to upload" tab. You will see 3 rows of sample orders filled out as an example for you. When you hover on a column name, you will see helpful tips on what information should go in that column
Please do not edit the column names on this sheet
- Once you have added your orders to this tab, while you are on the "Orders to upload" tab please click on "File" and choose the "Download" option and select CSV. Please note that the file must be in CSV format to be uploaded into our system
- Navigate back to our Flexport Portal and upload the file that you just downloaded and click "Import Orders."
- Our system is now running some validation to ensure that your upload meets our criteria. If the data passes our initial validation, you will see the screen below to officially submit your orders for creation in our warehouses. Please note that there are still errors that can occur once you hit create orders.
- You should now see a "Processing" screen as we create these orders in our system. Please do not navigate away from this screen while your orders are submitting
- If all your orders were created successfully, you will see the screen below with the import showing as "Finished".
Common errors during the bulk upload process
There are 2 different places where our system will check for potential errors in your order. Once immediately after clicking "Import Orders" (Step 5 above) and once when you have clicked "Create orders" and see the Processing screen. Here are the most common errors that occur during those steps and what you should do.
Errors when clicking "import orders"
If you get an error at this stage, it means that none of the orders that you submitted were created. Please edit the CSV and re-upload all orders so that they can be created.
Common errors at this stage include:
- Units of a SKU requested in the order is not divisible by the case quantity in Reserve Storage
- Please double check your quantity requested and ensure that you have provided us the correct number of units for that SKU in that order
- Total units of a SKU requested is greater than the available inventory in Reserve Storage
- Please confirm that the quantities are correct or remove some orders so that the total requested units for the SKU are less than the amount available in Reserve Storage
- The SKU requested is incorrect
- Please ensure the value in the SKU column matches the SKU name or the DSKU on Flexport
- The SKU is in your catalog but was never inbounded into Reserve Storage
- Please ensure you have available inventory for this SKU in our Reserve Storage network
Errors after clicking "create orders" and seeing the processing screen
If you get an error at this stage, it is likely that some of your orders submitted successfully but others did not. Please only resubmit the orders that are flagged as ERROR in table. In the example below, please only resubmit Order "DEF123" with a corrected address
Common errors here include:
- Address failing validation
- We were unable to purchase a shipping label for the address provided. Please confirm that all fields in the address are correct and resubmit the orders with this error
If you have any questions please contact our Support team!